INFORMATION ABOUT COLLECTORS’ EDITION PRINTS
Imagine you are one of only 10, 5 or 2 people in the whole world to own an amazing piece of art. Imagine you are the only person in the world to own this piece of art. How would that make you feel?
Welcome to Michael Seebeck’s Collectors’ Editions.
Our Collectors’ Editions are Limited Edition Prints with very small edition sizes, varying from 1 print only, to a maximum of 50 prints. They have been introduced following an ever increasing demand amongst our collectors for:
- Limited Edition Prints with a higher investment potential
- Limited Edition Prints which are either unique (edition size of 1 only) or very limited in size (< 50), to enable ownership of a more rare and exclusive piece of art.
Due to the limited nature of the Collectors’ Edition Prints, the pricing and sizing structure differs to that of our larger edition sizes:
- Print pricing is based on the Edition Number sold, which means:
- The fewer prints remaining, the higher the price will be (# 3 of 10 will be lower in price than # 7 of 10).
- All sizes are equal in price. The buyer is purchasing an edition number, regardless of size.
- Generally the smaller the edition size, the higher the price will be for each individual print sold (with the exception of the first few prints sold in edition sizes of 5-25, which are priced at the same base price level).
- To retain the integrity of the investment value of the Collectors’ Editions, strictly no discounts will be offered.
- Each Collectors’ Edition includes a certain amount of Artist’s Proofs. An Artist Proof is a special subset of the Limited Edition, which is usually sold at a higher price than the last number sold in the edition itself. They are only potentially available after the edition has sold out. The Artist’s Proofs are usually reserved for the artist’s private collection and may or may not be sold at the discretion of the artist, directly from the artist. The Artist’s Proofs are signed and numbered, for example “AP 1/3” and are generally considered a status symbol in the world of art collecting.
- Prints in the Collectors’ Editions are only available as Print Only or Plexiprint. Alugraphs are not available as they are restricted in size and an accurate colour rendition cannot always be guaranteed.
- Each print is accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity.
- Lay-by is available and free shipping is offered, worldwide.
For a 3:1 ratio Panoramic Collectors’ Edition of 25: First print is sold for $2,380. Last print is sold for $7,469
For a 3:1 ratio Panoramic Collectors’ Edition of 10: First print is sold for $2,380. Last print is sold for $14,185
For a 3:1 ratio Panoramic Collectors’ Edition of 2: First print is sold for $14,280. Last print is sold for $28,560
As with any investment, there is always an element of risk involved and there is never a guarantee that you will be able to make a profit when selling your print, regardless of who the artist/photographer is. The true investment value depends on many different factors, including, but not limited to, supply and demand market forces and the condition of your print. However, we can reasonably assume that the investment potential dramatically increases with smaller edition sizes, as there are simply fewer prints in existence, and therefore increased demand relative to supply.
The purchaser will be notified once the edition has sold out and the option to offer the print for resale through our gallery will be offered.